Information about our Visitors
NewEnglandDocs.com does not obtain personally-identifying information about our users when they visit our site unless they choose to provide such information to us. Users may visit our site anonymously.
Like many other websites, however, we do automatically collect non-personally identifiable information about our site visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, types of browser used, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), date/time stamps, referring/exit pages, and which pages are visited in order to analyze trends, administer the site, identify system performance or problem areas, and consider potential improvements to the site.
Following are the specific ways in which we do collect and use personal information that our site visitors choose to provide to us:
- Posting Opportunities: We collect various information from healthcare organization representatives (including personal data, such as name and e-mail address) when they fill out a form on our site to post opportunities. Organization representatives have the option to not disclose any personal information within the job posting itself (by utilizing our ‘Apply Now’ online application feature), but if they choose to reveal their personal information, it will be accessible by anyone with Internet access.
- Online Applications: Our website provides the opportunity for physicians to apply for posted opportunities directly through a form on the website. By using this form to submit their information, site visitors acknowledge that it will be transmitted to the advertising entity. We do not retain any information provided through this form.
- E-mail Alerts: If a site visitor chooses to subscribe to e-mail alerts, we collect specific personal information from him/her through a form, including name, e-mail address, geographic and professional interests. We then use that information to make the site visitor aware of new opportunities via e-mail alerts.
- Direct Contact: If a site visitor identifies him/herself to us through our “Contact Us” form, or by sending us an e-mail message which contains personal information, the information collected will be used solely to respond to the message.
- “Recommend to a Friend” Function: If a site visitor submits a friend's email address and their own to make use of our "Recommend to a Friend" function, the e-mail addresses are used to send the message and then deleted from our records.
- Facebook and Twitter Use: If a site visitor chooses to become a “Fan” of NewEnglandDocs.com on Facebook, or “Follow” our posts on Twitter, some personally identifiable information about our users may be revealed to us and the public at large through these separate affiliations. We do monitor aggregate affiliation statistics on Facebook and Twitter for growth and/or development of NewEnglandDocs.com, but do not use personally identifiable information that may be revealed through Facebook or Twitter use in any way.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who otherwise assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or otherwise servicing our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release site visitor information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information, such as website traffic statistics, may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
If you wish to disable cookies, users may do so through their individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.